ENGLAND DEVILED BEEF
- Recipe By : GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
- Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Meat
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 5 1/2-6 lb. boneless beef chuck steak cut 2' thick
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon bottled sauce for gravy
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 12 oz. pkg. medium egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 small carrot -- grated
With sharp knife cut chuck steak into 3 x 2 inch pieces. In 8 quart Dutch oven over med-hi heat, in hot salad oil, cook meat, a few pieces at a time, until well browned on all sides, removing pieces as the brown. Return meat to Dutch oven; add next 8 ingredients; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is fork tender, stirring occasionally.
About 30 minutes before meat is done, prepare noodles as label directs. Drain noodles and toss gently with butter.
To serve, with slotted spoon remove meat to warm platter. Sprinkle with parsley and carrot. Arrange noodles on platter next to meat. Skim fat from sauce and serve over meat and noodles.