Roast Turkey Risotto With Mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped leftover turkey
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound clamshell mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Pour the broth into a soup kettle and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and bring the broth to a simmer.
Saute the onion in the tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a separate skillet. Add the rice, stirring to coat with the butter and onion. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Stir the mixture until the wine evaporates. Reduce the heat over the skillet. Add the hot broth to the rice about one cup at a time, stirring constantly after each addition. Do not add the next cup of broth until the liquid from the first addition is nearly evaporated.
While the risotto is cooking, saute the clamshell mushrooms in the olive oil. Cook until the mushrooms sweat and wilt.
Stir the thyme and the turkey into the rice mixture. Add the rest of the broth and continue to stir. When the liquid is absorbed, add the cooked mushrooms and heat through. Serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle with Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)