- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cooked rice for serving
Melt butter in a large heavy pot. Add flour, and stir over medium-low heat until roux is caramel-colored (20 to 30 minutes). Stir constantly.
Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic. Cook until tender-crisp, three to four minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except rice, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
This recipe yields ?? servings.