Alex Hinson's Venison Stew
- 3 pounds venison cubed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 carrots diced
- 6 medium potatoes cut large pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion cut large pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup flour
In a large stew pan, brown the venison in the oil. Cover with water, and boil until the meat is tender.
Drain the water, cover again with water, and bring to a boil. Add vegetables and seasonings, cover, and let simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Put the cornstarch and flour in a shaker, and add enough water to make a thick paste. Shake until cornstarch and flour are completely dissolved.
Add the mixture to the stew, stir, cover, and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve with cornbread and enjoy!
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)