- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes, blended
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cooked pasta, for serving
Heat the oil in a medium-size saucepan. Add the garlic and saute until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat. Add the basil, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, if using, and season with salt. Let simmer 20 minutes.
Serve the sauce immediately over your favorite pasta.