Seared Filet Mignon with Jameson Sauce and Mushrooms
This dish is served, in one variation or another, at good restaurants all over Ireland.
- 3 TO 4 TBSP CANOLA OIL
- 1/2 LB/250G MUSHROOMS, SLICED
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC, MINCED
- SALT AND PEPPER
- FOUR 6-0Z/175G FILETS MIGNON
- 1/2 CUP/I20 ML JAMESON (OR ANOTHER IRISH WHISKEY)
- 1/2 CUP/120ML HEAVY CREAM OR CREME FRAICHE
- 1/2 CUP/120ML BEEF STOCK
- 1 TBSP MINCED FRESH PARSLEY
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have given up their liquor.
Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside. Wipe out the pan and return to the heat, increasing it to high. Sear the filets on each side for about 1 minute, adding more oil to pan if necessary. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes longer on each side for medium-rare.
Remove the steaks from the pan and set aside.
Pour the whiskey into the pan, warm it for about a minute, then carefully ignite it with a kitchen match. When the flames die down, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the cream or creme fraiche, stock, and parsley, stir well, and cook over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Divide the steaks between 4 plates and spoon the sauce and mushrooms over them.
You'll also love
- Cookies and Cream Cake 4.3/5 (85 Votes)
- Palacinke (crepes) 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Meatballs in Caramelized Onion... 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Werther's Original Caramel Apple... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Doritos Taco Salad 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Mac 'n Cheese - Homeroom Classic 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Vinegar Braised Chicken & Mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Light & Fluffy Pancakes 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Slimming World Baked Chocolate... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Raisin Bran Muffins 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Carrabba's Champagne Chicken 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Authentic Chile con Queso 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Lone Star Steakhouse Amarillo... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Navajo Fry Bread 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Homemade Raffaello (Coconut Balls) 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Skinny monkey cookies 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Muffins: Cranberry, Oatmeal W. W.... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Artichokes with Creamy... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- PASTA - Creamy Garlic Herb... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Sara lee Original Cream Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Leeks with Mustard in Microwave 3/5 (1 Votes)
- pancake mix cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)