Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large Idaho potatoes - (abt 3 lbs)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Roquefort (or other French blue cheese such as Bleu d'Avergne or Fourme d'Ambert)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
Peel and quarter the potatoes lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch wedges. Put in a heavy medium saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the salt and add enough cold water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
Drain in a colander. Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the cream, butter, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. With the heat on medium-low, mash and stir the mixture until well blended, 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in the blue cheese and parsley and mash to incorporate.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Truffled Potato Chips 0/5 (0 Votes)