Hungry Girl’s Fully Loaded Baked Ziti
- 5 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) uncooked reduced-calorie, high-fiber penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups ground-beef-style soy crumbles
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup light or low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-in by 8-in baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir onion until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add soy crumbles and garlic, and raise temperature to medium high. Cook and stir until soy crumbles have thawed, about 3 more minutes.
Add spinach and cook and stir until it has wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, pat dry, and stir in the ricotta cheese and basil.
Transfer contents of the skillet to the bowl of cooked pasta. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and toss to mix.
Evenly place pasta mixture in the baking pan. Sprinkle with Parm-style topping and remaining 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese.
Bake until entire dish is hot and cheese on top has melted, about 15 minutes. Eat up!
You'll also love
- Pink Lemonade Sherbet Party Punch 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Malibu Strawberry Mojito 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pasta: Oyster Spaghetti 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Corn and Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Linguine With Clams and Red... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese Ham Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Chorizo and Spinach 4/5 (11 Votes)