Orange & Walnut Chocolate Candies
- 125 g dark chocolate, 85% cocoa (4.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (55g / 1.9 oz)
- 1 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (150g / 5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp orange peel, fresh
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10-15 drops of stevia or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (I personally don't use any)
- 1 tbsp natural orange extract, PG-free (optional, not needed)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from ketodietapp.com
Melt the chocolate in a water bath, add coconut oil and cinnamon. Sweeten with stevia if needed and mix well.
Add fresh orange peel and orange food extract. Food extract is not needed but will boost the flavour.
Add roughly chopped walnuts and mix in well.
Spoon the mixture into small paper muffin or candy cups.
Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or until solid. Store them at room temperature.