Summer Vegetable Rigatoni w/Chicken
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- Cooking spray
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions for 10 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain mixture over a bowl, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid; rinse with cold water. Drain.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes; cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
3. Combine oil, garlic, oregano sprigs, and thyme sprigs in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 4 minutes or just until garlic begins to brown. Add reserved 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes); discard herb sprigs. Stir in 2 ounces cheese; stir until cheese melts. Stir in pasta mixture. Stir in chicken, remaining 1 ounce cheese, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme leaves.