Homemade Spicy Turkey Sausage
- 2 1/2 pounds turkey meat diced
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sausage casings - (1 1/2" dia) as needed
In a large mixing bowl, add the turkey. In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients together. Mix well. Toss the turkey with the seasoning blend and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Grind the meat twice in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/2-inch die. A food processor could also be used to grind the meat. Stuff half of the mixture into 1 1/2-inch casings, forming 6-inch links. Form the remaining into 3 (1/2 pound) patties. You can either use the sausage fresh or smoke the sausage.
For the smoked sausage: Prepare the smoker. Place the sausage in the smoker and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe yields about 2 3/4 pounds.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Crock Pot Italian Turkey Meatballs 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Bake 4.4/5 (110 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)