Oven Onion Chicken
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or 12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* Crush the soup mix in the envelope with a rolling pin. Stir the soup mix, bread crumbs and black pepper on a plate. Beat the egg and water in a shallow dish.
* Dip the chicken into the egg mixture. Coat the chicken with the crumb mixture. Place the chicken onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter, if desired.
* Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
Note: I use either panko or italian style pre made bread crumbs.