Broccoli Italian Style
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small jar red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- salt and pepper
- pizza seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Saute the garlic, red pepper and shallots in a large skillet with the olive oil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place the broccoli in a steamer basket. Steam over boiling water in a large covered saucepan for 3-5 minutes until bright green and crisp-tender.
Transfer to large bowl.
Mix the shallot/red pepper/garlic with the broccoli.
Add the salt, black pepper, pizza seasoning, and Asiago cheese.