Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or pear sauce
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- cinnamon to taste (I do a pinch)
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. honey (optional)
- (Optional) add-ins such as berries or dark chocolate chips
Adapted from unrefinedkitchen.com
1. Heat large skillet or pancake griddle. (I heat a griddle to 325 degrees.)
2. Mix all ingredients together except add-ins. Mix with electric mixer or immersion blender. Let batter sit for 5 minutes so that it will thicken.
3. Carefully fold in berries or chocolate chips or other add-ins.
4. Grease griddle or skillet with butter or coconut oil.
5. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to ladle pancake batter onto hot griddle or skillet.
6. Cook 3-4 minutes per side (if set at 325) or until it bubbles and is easy to flip.
7. Flip pancakes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
*Serve with butter, pure maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy!