Apple Cranberry Spice Cake
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking soda
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 5 Eggs
- 9 ozs. Vegetable oil
- 9 ozs. Buttermilk
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 tbls. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pecans
- 2 cups Golden delicious apples, grated
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 6 ozs. Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Karo corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 6 ozs. Butter, room temperature
- 12 ozs. Cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Orange extract
- 1 tsp. Orange zest
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
In KitchenAid stand mixer bowl, beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, apples and cranberries. Mix on speed 2 for 1-2 minutes, until well combined.
Divide into two greased 9" cake pans or a bundt pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Combine sugar, buttermilk, soda, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Prick warm cake with a bamboo skewer evenly over the surface every 2 inches. Slowly pour warm glaze over cake allowing the cake to soak up the glaze.
Cool cake until glaze is fully absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan and cool completely.
In KitchenAid stand mixing bowl, whip butter and cream cheese on speed 7 until fluffy, scraping down bowl as needed.
Add powdered sugar, orange extract and orange zest and mix on speed 1 for 1 minute. Mix on speed 3 for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
Frost cake being sure to place icing between the layers of the 2 cakes.
You'll also love
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Clam-Stuffed Mushrooms 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Brie Stuffed with Strawberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Wine Country Chicken Salad with... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Drink 3.9/5 (101 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Glazed... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)