Applesauce Apple- Raisin Cake
This is really good, the applesauce makes this cake really moist! My family prefers a sweet tasting cake, but you can reduce the white sugar amount slightly if desired. Use sweetened or unsweetened applesauce.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 medium apples (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 44mins
Adapted from food.com
1. Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
2. Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
3. In a bowl cream the butter with both sugars until creamy.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
5. Add in applesauce; mix until combined.
6. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; add to the creamed mixture; mix just until combined.
7. Mix in the apples and raisins (if using).
8. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the cake tests done.