- 1/2 pound cod
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup club soda
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Rinse fillets in cold water; pat dry. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add fish one piece at a time. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, seasonings and soda.
In a heavy skillet, heat 1 in. of oil. Dip floured fillets into batter; fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Combine marmalade and horseradish; serve with fish.
Yield: 2 servings