- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into 1" florets
- 3 cups chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 Tbs. light beer
- 6 oz. white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbs. finely grated
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
In Cuisinart Soup Maker and Blender
over medium heat, warm oil about
5 minutes. Add onion, garlic and a
few pinches of salt. Cook, using stir
function occasionally, until aromatic
and tender, 8-10 minutes.
Increase heat to high. Add broccoli,
stock, a few pinches of salt and black
pepper: bring to a simmer. Continue to
cook, using stir function occasionally.
until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
Remove about 1 cup broccoli from top
of blender, let cool.
Add spinach, beer, cheddar.
2 Tbs. Parmigiano-Reggiano and
cayenne to blender. Using towel, hold
lid down; blend on highest setting until
soup is pureed.
Cut reserved broccoli into 1/2" pieces
Pour soup into warmed bowls. Garnish
with cheddar cheese and broccoli pieces.