Baked Potato Soup
- 3 1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-in pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 c reduced-fat sour cream, plus additional for garnish
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from familycircle.com
1. Combine potatoes, red pepper and broccoli in slow cooker bowl. Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hrs on HIGH or 6 hrs on LOW or until potatoes are tender.
2. In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half, 1/3 C sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly. Stir in half-and-half mixture and scallions. Spoon soup into bowls.
3. Divide bacon among bowls and dollop each with sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, if desired.