Beef King Ranch Casserole
- 5 1/2 cups shredded beef or fully cooked brisket
- (shredded) or fully cooked shredded beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 1 can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
Add oil to large heated skillet and sauté onion, peppers and jalapeno. Mix in all spices and cook until onion is translucent.
Add milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in beef and cheese.
Cut tortillas into quarters and placed half into a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with beef mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.