Ground Beef Wellington
Ground Beef Wellington is an easy recipe for a special meal. Filled with meat, vegetables and potatoes, serve with a green salad for a complete dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves pulled off the stems and chopped
- Large handful of frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten together in a small bowl
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted if frozen
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Heat the olive oil in a skillet and preheat the oven to 350 F. Add the onion, carrot, celery, potato, mushroom and rosemary. Cook, stirring, about 8-10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, and stir in the frozen peas. The residual heat will thaw them. Cool the vegetable mix in a large bowl.
After completely cooled, mix together the ground beef, half the beaten egg, salt and pepper and vegetable mix. Just use your hands and mix it all up.
On a floured board, roll out the puff pastry. You can put the two sheets on top of each other and roll out one big rectangle (about 12×16″) and make a large Beef Wellington.
Form ground beef mix into a long sausage shape and place on edge of rectangle, brush the outside long edge with some beaten egg and roll up lengthwise, pinching the edges together to seal. Put on a large cookie pan, seem side down. Brush the top with the rest of the egg and bake for an hour at 350 F.
Cut into portions and serve with sauce or gravy.
You'll also love
- Mini Eggplant Pizzettes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Candy Yams Soufflé 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sausage & Peppers - Patti LaBelle's 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexi-Cali Hashbrown Taco Casserole 3.8/5 (94 Votes)
- The Ultimate Beef Wellington -... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mini Beef Wellington Appetizer 4.5/5 (2 Votes)