- Basil Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked over
- 1 pound extra-large or jumbo shrimp (about 24 shrimp), peeled, deveined, tails on
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- Steamed white rice, for serving, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 3 tablespoons Pesto
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook green onions, green pepper and garlic powder until peppers are limp. Place in mixing bowl and add cream, mustard and cayenne pepper to sauteed vegetables, mix well.
Add cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, parsley and lemon juice; mix well. Gently fold in crabmeat. Form into small patties sized to stuff into shrimp; set aside.
Split shrimp down the bottom center to tail, being careful not to cut through. Stuff each shrimp with crabmeat mixture. Wrap shrimp in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking pan and cook at 350 degrees until bacon is crisp and shrimp are pink, about 15 to 20 minutes.
To serve, arrange 6 shrimp on each plate on a bed of rice, if desired. Drizzle with Basil Cream Sauce.