Basix Cafe Salmon Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds boned and skinned salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, more as needed
- 4 brioche buns, toasted (hamburger buns)
- tartar sauce
- Prepared coleslaw
Adapted from latimes.com
In bowl of food processor, pulse salmon cubes several times until coarsely ground (there will still be flakes of salmon).
Remove ground salmon to large bowl, and stir in the capers, bread crumbs, lemon juice, pepper, salt and egg until mixture is uniform and fully combined. Divide mixture into 4 patties.
In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add burgers (do not crowd, they can be cooked in batches) and sauté, adjusting the heat as needed, until burgers are golden on outside and cooked throughout, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side.
Prepare burgers: Brush insides of each toasted bun with tartar sauce, and spoon little coleslaw on base of bun.
Place burger on slaw, then bun top. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)