Sausage Pizza Sloppy Joes
Looking for a hearty dinner? Then check out these sandwich buns packed with turkey sausage mixture – a flavorful meal.
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:4 hr 25 min
- 1 1/2 lb bulk turkey sausage
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions (from 1-pound bag), thawed
- 1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 18 sandwich buns
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (5 oz)
1. Cook sausage in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
2. Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix sausage, stir-fry vegetables, pepperoni, pizza sauce and Italian seasoning in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours.
4. Stir in tomatoes. To serve, fill buns with sausage mixture and sprinkle with cheese.