Low Carb Sausage, Sage and Cheesy Egg Casserole
Recipe courtesy George Stella / StellaStyle.com
- cooking oil spray
- 26 ounces breakfast sausage, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ⁄2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 ⁄4 cup unsweetened Almond milk, may substitute half and half or cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 ⁄4 cup diced tomatoes (may use canned but drain well)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves (may use basil, cilantro or parsley)
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 8 x 6 inch oven proof glass baking dish or pie pan
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Place the rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray the casserole dish with cooking oil and layer the bottom with the cooked diced sausage and onion.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl with all the remaining ingredients, mix well and pour over the sausage. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
4. Remove from the oven and let the casserole cool for a few minutes to set before slicing into 6 servings. Remove each portion with a small spatula or fork and serve garnished with fresh sage leaves.
Calories:630/ Fat: 52g/ Fiber:0g/ Protein:36g/NET CARBS 2
See More of my Recipes on Pinterest--->