Recipes with grape leaves - 2 recipes
Top rated Grape leaves recipes
Stuffed Grape Leaves (with meat)
These small bundles of meat and rice wrapped in grape leaves are a favorite dish in Greece
- 1 jar of large grape leaves in brine (about 60-75 leaves) or about 180 small leaves
- 8 cups of water
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef (I also use 1 pound beef and 1 pound ground lamb)
- 1 cup of uncooked short-grain rice
- 2 medium-large onions, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped (I have also used 1-2 tablespoons dried dill if fresh not available)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (I have also used 1 tablespoon dried mint as well if fresh not available.)
- 1-2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- juice of 3 lemons or 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 cups of beef broth or water
Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves
Reese's is the best brand for grape leaves that I've found so far, but others have recommended Mezzetta, Aristocra...
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound lean ground lamb, uncooked
- 24 grape leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) jar grape leaves yields about 48 good ones.
- 0.5 ounces mint leaves yields about 1/4 cup.
- Doubling the recipe yields enough mix for 60-64 grape leaves.
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!