Penne with Five Cheeses
- Kosher salt
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 c crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree
- ½ c freshly grated Pecorino Romano (1 ½ oz)
- ½ c shredded imported Italian fontina (1 ½ oz)
- ¼ c crumbed Italian Gorgonzola (1 ½ oz)
- 2 T ricotta cheese
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound penne rigate pasta
- 4 T unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Bring 5 qts salted water to boil in stockpot.
Combine all ingredients except penne and butter in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
Drop the penne into boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes. Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7-10 minutes.