Andouille Sausage Cajun Scramble
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Fully Cooked Sausage, coin sliced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium oil blend
- 1 small Klondike Rose® potato, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa, (mild, medium or hot to taste
Adapted from johnsonville.com
1 In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs and Cajun spice blend and set aside.
2 In a large non stick skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil. Allow pan to warm up then add potato and cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
3 Adjust the heat to medium; add onion and green pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes, allowing potatoes and onions to brown slightly. Add sliced sausage and stir fry another 2 to 3 minutes. (If the skillet seems dry, add a tablespoon of olive oil before adding eggs).
4 Pour the eggs over the sausage mixture, allow them to sit and cook for a minute. Gently fold over the edges, (bringing the edges to the center) and carefully blend and turn the egg mixture allowing the uncooked eggs to reach the bottom the pan and the ingredients to incorporate into the eggs. After each fold, pause for a few seconds allowing the eggs to cook.
5 After a couple of minutes, and when the eggs look moist and almost done sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and sausage. Fold the egg and sausage mixture over a couple of more times allowing the cheese to melt (less than 1 minute).
6 Divide the scramble between 2 plates top each with your favorite salsa. Enjoy immediately with a fresh green salad for dinner or toasted and buttered sour dough bread for breakfast.