Special Pasta Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
instructions Heat olive oil in sauté pan on low heat. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper, stirring occasionally. Saute until onions are softened and garlic is slightly golden.
instructions In a large pot, squeeze peeled tomatoes through hands. Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion and basil. Bring to a medium heat and stir together.
Add white wine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer sauce for 90 minutes.
Add butter and sugar and stir. (more basil can also be added here if desired).
Cook uncovered on low for 30 more minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve over pasta, cooked according to package directions.