Sausage Stuffed French Loaf
Ground beef, pork sausage, onion, mozzarella, egg, parsley, fennel and Dijon mustard combine to create a savory stuffing for a baked French Loaf.
- 1 (1-pound) loaf French bread
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Adapted from yummly.com
Cut a thin slice off the top of the bread. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. In a food processor or blender, process bread crumbs until coarse; set aside 1 cup. (Discard remaining crumbs or save for another use.)
In a skillet, brown beef, sausage and onion; drain. Stir in reserved crumbs, cheese, egg, parsley, mustard, pepper, salt and fennel; mix well. Spoon into bread shell; replace bred top. Place on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil.
In a small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Brush over tops and sides of loaf. Seal the foil.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Raspberry White Chocolate Scones 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Macarons à la fraise couvert de... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Homemade Bacon 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage & Spinach Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe