Celery And Beef Soup
- 8 celery ribs sliced 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds stew beef cubed
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes - (15 oz)
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 potato diced
- 1 large handful brown rice
- 8 cups water - (to 9 cups)
Brown beef in oil in skillet. Put in Slow cooker. Add onions, celery, and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until celery is limp. Add to beef in Slow cooker.
Put a little water in the hot skillet to remove any browned bits of beef or vegetable. Add this water to Slow cooker. Stir in bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper, tomatoes, carrot, potato, and water. Cook 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
One-half hour before serving, turn Slow cooker to HIGH and add rice.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Corned Beef Hash Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)