Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup with Chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 (2.75 oz.) package quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 (4 oz.) packages presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 2 cups shredded chicken
Bring 1 1/2 cups broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients to pan; saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter and mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add remaining 2 2/3 cups broth, rice, chicken, salt and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.