Korean Grilled Beef
- 1 C. Apple juice
- 1/2 C. soy sauce
- 2 T. Asian sesame oil
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 5 green onoins, thinly sliced
- 2 T. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 t. pepper
- 5 (1/2 inch thick) boneless rib eye steaks (2 lbs), pounded 1/8 inch thick and cut into 4 pieces each
- Bib lettuce and steamed rice for serving
4-24 hours to marinate meat.
In a large, non-reactive bowl, whisk apple juice with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, green onoins, sesame seeds, and pepper. Add steak and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Remove meat from marinade. Grill meat over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred outside and slightly pink in the center, about 30 seconds per side.
Transfer to a platter and serve with lettuce and rice.