Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP
- 3 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 c. uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 c. finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 c. half and half (I use milk)
- 1 1/2 c. cubed, cooked turkey
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp. dry sherry, if desired
In large saucepan combine broth and water. Add rice and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes.
Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in half and half. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Add remaining ingredients. Heat gently, stirring frequently. Do no boil. Garnish each serving with additional onion and bacon. 8 (1 1/2 cup) servings.