This classic Italian Tiramisu is always a favorite. Easy to make and easier to eat!
- 2 1/4 cups brewed espresso
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Coffee Liqueur, divided
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoon sweet marsala
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 48 ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tastebook.com
Put the espresso, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1/4 cup of the coffee liqueur into a heavy saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool.
Put the yolks, mascarpone, marsala, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon of coffee liqueur in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and whip on medium speed until light and airy, approximately 7 minutes. Transfer the mixture to another bowl and clean and dry the stand mixer bowl and whip attachment, returning them both to the mixer.
Put the cream in the bowl of the stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream mixture into the marsala mixture.
One by one, dip the ladyfingers in the espresso syrup and arrange a layer in the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan. Spoon a layer of cream over the ladyfingers. Sprinkle some cocoa powder over top of cream. Dip and arrange another layer of ladyfingers over the cream, with the second layer perpendicular to the first. Spoon the remaining cream over the top.
Dust the tiramisu with cocoa powder. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days. To serve, use a kitchen spoon to scoop out portions into bowls or glass dishes
You'll also love
- Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon &... 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Sides - Armadillo Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttermint Ice Cream with White... 4.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Custard Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Rodelle Tiramisu 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe