Arugala Pasta Salad
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- Frozen peas - Thawed
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped oregano leaves
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water, then drain again; transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over cooked pasta and put in refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cilantro with the basil, oregano and garlic and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of pine nuts and process until smooth. Season the herb dressing with salt and pepper.
4. Toss the fusilli with the toasted pine nuts, arugula, tomatoes, red onion and the herb dressing. Season the pasta salad with salt and pepper and serve.