Brazilian Seafood Stew
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets (such as red snapper or orange roughy), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp peeled, deveined
Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and lime juice in large bowl. Add fish and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper; stir to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic and crushed red pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, coconut milk, half of cilantro and half of green onions. Add shrimp and fish with marinade. Simmer until shrimp and fish are just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Season stew with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and green onions.