Slow Cooker Peanut 'Brittle' Candy
Make peanut brittle in your slow cooker! It takes a little to cook, but you don't need to constantly stir and watch while the candy cooks.
- 3 cups sugar (Baker's sugar has finer granules and will dissolve well)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups your favorite nuts (I used 3 cups dry roasted lightly salted peanuts and 1 cup raw almonds. because I care about health.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- Parchment paper or Release foil, to line pan
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com
I used my 6 quart Smart Set crockpot for this. I like the Smart Set because I can set it for 30 minute intervals and it will beep for me when the 30 minutes is done. And I seem to need the beeps, because I tend to wander off if I find something shiny.
Drop the 4 tablespoons of butter into your crockpot. Add the sugar and the corn syrup on top of the butter. Pour in the vanilla.
Cover your crockpot and turn to high for one hour.
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or release foil.
After an hour, stir well to mix everything around. Add the baking soda. It will sizzle and make fun noises. Your sugar mixture will be kind of milky-yellow and the sugar might still look granulated.
Cover again and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Check and stir in nuts.
Cover and cook again for another 15-30 minutes, or until the sugar mixture is brown and looks the color of peanut brittle. Or a payday candy bar.
Then, USING OVEN MITTS, carefully (CAREFULLY! seriously---use the oven mitts) pour half of the pot onto each cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula. It will be lumpy. that's because there are nuts.
Let cool at room temperature for about an hour, then tear into pieces.
You'll also love
- Chocolate S'mores Fondue 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Perfect Pie Crust (With Egg &... 3.9/5 (49 Votes)
- Microwave Pecan Divinity 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Candy Corn and Pretzel Bark 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Almond Roca 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Candied Almonds 0/5 (0 Votes)