Pasta Fagioli Soup
- 1 lb. of grass fed ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large, preferably organic)
- 2 cups Ditalini pasta
- 2 cans (14.5) organic beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, unstrained
- 28 oz. of spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained well
- 1 can navy beans or cannellini beans, drained well
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Saute beef and onions in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat until browned and onions opaque. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in the same pot and add carrots. Saute about 5 minutes until carrots are tender.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on the package, in a separate pot. Cook the pasta until just underdone, so that it won’t get mushy when you add it to the soup.
Return the beef to the pot and add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the pasta. Serve!
This makes about 10 servings and is even better the next day leftover!