Homemade divinity is easy to make, and a holiday favorite treat! Add nuts, or nut - your preference!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Few drops of food coloring
- 1 stiff-beaten egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from romancingthebee.com
Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, vinegar and food coloring in sauce pan. Cover and heat to boiling. Remove cover after 5 minutes. cook to hard ball stage. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add this mixture gradually to beaten egg white beating until very stiff. Add vanilla and nuts.
Drop from spoon onto wax paper. Chill.
You'll also love
- Apple Crisp Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Sage Glazed Grilled Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry & Pistachio Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peeps Popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- WEDDING GIFT SPAGHETTI SAUCE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Saltine Toffee 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Divinity 0/5 (0 Votes)