Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 large red onion
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 20 mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb fusilli, rotini or penne
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cut all vegetables into 1" chunks
3. Combine oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
4. Spread vegetables in a roasting dish in a single layer, if possible. Bake for 30 minutes. Vegetables should be slightly crisp when done.
5. Meanwhile,cook pasta according to package directions then drain.
6. Put into a serving bowl and toss with vegetables and Parmesan cheese.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes.