Jamaican Jerk Pork
- 1/2 (12 ounce) bottle lager style beer
- 3 fluid ounces dark rum
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet chile pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 (6 ounce) pork loin chops
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Pour the beer, rum, molasses, soy sauce, and lime juice into a bowl. Stir in the garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet pepper, thyme, and marjoram. Season with allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and bay leaves. Place the pork chops into a zip top bag, and pour in the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Prepare an outdoor grill for medium heat. Take the pork chops out of the marinade, place on a plate, and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes as the grill heats.
3. Season the chops to taste with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Grill the chops on both sides until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 150 degrees F. Allow the pork chops to rest for about 5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.