Turkey Frame Soup
- 1 Meaty turkey frame
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped cooked Turkey
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained; cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cups sliced or cubed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups of wholewheat pasta
- 1 15oz. can of Great Northern Beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
1. Break the turkey frame or cut in half with kitchen sheers. Place in large pot. Add water, broth, onion, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil; Reduce heat. Cover and Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Remove turkey frame. Cool; cut meat off bones; coarsely chop meat. Add enough turkey to equal 2 cups. set aside. Strain Broth; skim off fat.
3. Return broth to pot. Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper. Stir in vegetables. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 5 min. Add pasta. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 min. or until pasta is cooked and vegetables are tender. stir in turkey and beans; heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.