Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 white button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Italian shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Wash and dry mushrooms, removing stems and setting aside.
2. Finely chop mushroom stems and add to a skillet with oil and garlic, over medium heat. Saute, stirring occasionally, until all moisture has disappeared. Set aside to cool.
3. Once mushroom mixture is cooled, stir in cream cheese, crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup Italian cheese, pepper, onion flakes, and cayenne pepper.
4. Place mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, stuff filling mixture into a ziploc bag and cut off a corner. Pipe filling into each mushroom. Sprinkle the tops of filled mushrooms with additional cheese.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake mushrooms, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.