Honey-Dipped Fried Chicken
- 1 whole chicken cut into parts
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cups vegetable oil
Cut and clean all chicken parts. Set aside in a bowl of ice water.
Place flour on a large plate and set aside.
Coat frying pan with vegetable oil, and heat over a medium flame.
Combine and briskly stir the eggs, buttermilk and honey until ingredients are evenly mixed. NOTE: Mixture should have the same consistency as syrup.
Generously season both sides of chicken parts with salt, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper
Dip chicken into the egg and honey buttermilk batter and let excess batter drip off
Evenly coat the chicken in flour
Fry the chicken for 8-10 minuites on each side or until chicken is golden brown
When done, place the chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil
You'll also love
- Del Taco Chicken Soft Taco Sauce 3.8/5 (113 Votes)
- Basic Cocktail Wieners 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Chicken Marinade 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Fruit Dip 3.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Honey-Chicken Salad -- Southern... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Braised Chicken 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken & Rice 2.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken 2.9/5 (10 Votes)