Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Found a copy cat recipe of Olive Garden's soup and changed up ingredients and came up with this one. Yummy
- 1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded slices of carrots (or chopped small)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pint of half-n-half
- 2 (14 oz) can chicken broth (or if you want thicker use less)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach or 1 (10 oz) frozen spinach
- 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken or 1 lb sausage cut up into small pieces
- 1 (16 oz) ready to use gnocchi
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Melt butter into oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic and carrots, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
3. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute.
4. Whisk in half-n-half. Simmer until thickened.
5. Whisk in chicken broth until thickened again.
6. Add seasoning/spices and stir.
7. Add meat and spinach and then add gnocchi.
8. Simmer until soup is heated through.