Chipotle Pork Tacos
This simple pork taco recipe highlights traditional Mexican ingredients like cilantro, lime, and chipotle chiles. Cook the corn tortillas over an open gas flame or in a grill pan for chargilled flavor.
Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
Fat:9.3g (sat 2.8g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.2g)
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Place pork tenderloin between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Remove plastic wrap. Cut pork into thin strips. Combine pork, lime rind, and next 6 ingredients (through salt).
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. Place shallots in a large bowl. Add oil to pan. Add pork; sauté for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add pork to shallots.
3. Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup pork mixture onto each tortilla, and top each tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream and cilantro. Fold in half.