Candy Cane Biscotti
When you bake these small and tender peppermint biscotti cookies, the lively aroma of sweet peppermint will drift from your oven setting the scene for the pleasures to be enjoyed.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup peppermint candy canes, finely crushed*
- 1 (14-ounce) package almond bark or vanilla candy coating
- 2 drops red or pink food color
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, if desired
- decorator candies, sugars or crushed peppermint candy canes, if desired
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from landolakes.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Combine butter and sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed.
Add flour and baking powder; beat at low speed until well mixed.
Stir in crushed candy.
Divide dough into fourths on lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands.
Shape each into 9x1 1/2-inch logs.
Place logs 3 inches apart onto lightly greased large cookie sheet.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are cracked and ends just start to turn light brown.
Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Cool logs 10 minutes on cookie sheet.
Carefully remove logs to cutting surface.
Cut into 1/2-inch slices with sharp serrated knife. (Discard ends).
Arrange pieces on same cookie sheet, cut-side down.
Continue baking 12-14 minutes, turning once, or until cookies are lightly browned and crisp on both sides.
Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.
Place candy coating in 2-quart saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until melted.
Remove from heat.
Stir in food color and peppermint extract, if desired.
Dip each biscotti half way into warm coating; shake off excess.
Place onto waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle with decorator candies, sugars or crushed candy canes, if desired.
Let set at room temperature until coating is hardened.
*Substitute 30 starlight mint hard candies, crushed.
You'll also love
- Savory Herb Corn Muffins 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Country French Omelet (Bacon &... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Rosemary Marinated Ribeye Steaks... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Gingerbread and Pumpkin Waffles 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe