Auntie Ime's Samoan green banana
fruit - tastes a bit like a sweetened potato
Rate this recipe 3.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Change Servings
- 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 small unripe (green) bananas
Adapted from bing.com
1.Combine the coconut milk and onion in a bowl; set aside.
2.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Boil the bananas in their skin for 30 to 40 minutes; drain. Run the bananas under cold water until they are cool enough to handle. Remove the bananas whole from their skins.
3.Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place the bananas in the pan. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bananas. Cook until the coconut milk is foamy. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- avocado, tomato, sprouts & pepper... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Brown Betty 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Banana Fudge 3.7/5 (27 Votes)
Review this recipe