Taco Pasta Bake
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
¼ cup chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Mix well and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pasta of your choice (campanelle, fusilli, penne, rigatoni)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, mild
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, for garnish
Adapted from fromvalerieskitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, boil pasta a couple minutes shy of package directions.
Coat a large pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook ground beef with onion and garlic, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks, till no longer pink. Drain grease from pan and return to heat. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, beans, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine and allow to come to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
Drain water from the pasta and return the cooked pasta to the pan it cooked in. Add meat mixture and 1/2 cup of both the shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese (1 cup total). Mix well.
Transfer mixture to a lasagna pan or large baking pan that you have coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with chopped green onions. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till heated through and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with sour cream.